Crisis Prevention Institute Workplace Violence Prevention Training Program: Nonviolent Crisis Intervention – Advanced Physical Skills
Classroom course content: Use and application of prevention and verbal de-escalation strategies; safety interventions including disengagement skills, holding skills, and advanced physical skills; tools for decision-making in assessing risk behavior; and tools for management of high-risk, complex behaviors
- Scenarios: Verbal de-escalation skills practice and demonstration; disengagement skills practice and demonstration; standing and seated holds practice and demonstration; emergency floor holds practice and demonstration
- Length: 840 minutes (two-day training, 420 minutes per day)
- 100% of the participants will demonstrate knowledge to recognize and manage crisis behaviors by passing test with a score of 80% or above.
- 100% of the participants will demonstrate non-restrictive and/or restrictive interventions in a simulated practice environment.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
- Attend 100% of session
- Pass test at the end of the session with a score of 80% or above
- You will have two attempts to pass the test
- Practice skills in a simulated environment
- Successfully demonstrate skills during the session
Nurses and other healthcare professionals.
If you have questions or comments please contact us at: ContinuingNursingEducation@UTSouthwestern.edu.
- 14.00 Contact Hour(s)UT Southwestern Medical Center is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.