Controlled Substance Education: New Inpatient Nurse
By participating in this activity, the new nurse will:
- Accurately identify controlled substances.
- Maintain the controlled substance chain of custody.
- Correctly administer, return, or dispose controlled substances.
- Identify and escalate red flags of drug diversion.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION
- Complete the three sections of this modules
- Complete the post event online evaluation.
Please Note: You must complete these three modules in Elsevier prior to completing this evaluation:
- Module I: Controlled Substance Chain of Custody
- Module II: Controlled Substance Medication Safety
- Module III: Diversion Detection and Prevention
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
Conflicts of Interest are denied by all parties with the ability to control the content of this module.
- 1.00 Contact Hour(s)UT Southwestern Medical Center is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.